I always make this kind of simple salad when I cooked an amazing piece of salmon or cod (papillote technique or in a pan – both processes are really quick), because it is so easy and expeditious to put all together, so it is an appropriate choice when we are short in lunch time and even simple this salad provide us such healthy amount of essential nutrients.
Normally, when I cook quinoa i use to cook more than I need and just store the remaining in the fridge for next 2 to 3 days I can use in a quick and healthy meal (I do the same with wild rice).
Ingredients (for 2p):
- Mix of leaves (spinach, rocket and watercress)
- 1/2 ripe avocado
- 1big carrot, grated
- 2small tomatoes, cut in quarters
- 8 olives (I go mad with olives)
- 120gr of cooked quinoa (boiling water with some salt, 2 times water for 1 of quinoa cook for about 15min)
- 1tbsp of basil pesto or some salad dressing
In a mixing bowl just mix all the ingredients and add the salad dressing or pesto at the end, just right before to serve.
Transfer for a serving bowl or plate up individual.