We all need something to satisfy ourselves from time to time, especially when some strange appetite arises in our mind when you are about to have a cup of coffee or tea.
So, here I leave you with one suggestion quite easy, tasty and, in this case, gluten-free.
My suggestion is always have something like this – biscuits, cookies, cereal bars - at home, not only it is far cheaper than buy as it always brings a smile by the fact is homemade, we can add whatever flavour we fancy and if we have kids, they will love bake with us. Just do not go mad and eat all in once – that it is not healthy, at all.
Ingredients (20 good size):
- 110g soft unsalted butter
- 110g Gluten-free Oats
- 90g Dark Brown Sugar
- 110g Gluten-free Flour
- 1/4tbsp Bicarbonate of Soda
- 1 Medium Egg
- Pinch of salt
- Pre-heat the oven at 180C.
- Cream butter with sugar, add the egg previous beaten.
- Add now the flour, oats, salt and bicarb and make sure that you bring all together and smooth.
- Add you chosen flavour and with wet hands make some small balls.
- Place them in a baking tray already with a bak-ing paper sheet and press each ball a bit. Make sure there is enough space between each cookie because they go to rise.
- Bake until golden and not totally firm, because they will get the crunchiness when cooling down in a rack.
Options: Sultanas, cinnamon and nutmeg: Cinnamon and Ginger; Dark Chocolate, grated; White Chocolate, grated; Cocoa powder;: Desiderated Coconut; Vanilla essence; Dates, chopped; Apricots, chopped and cinnamon;